Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nothing like Quack Tracks in your ice cream


Ah the signs of summer in Boston, the adorable ducks in the Boston Public Garden are surrounded by little ones fighting to get their shot at riding Momma duck. There's not a sunny day that you walk by the precious statues and don't see little ones riding them like horseys or families lined up to get that Kodak moment. I can remember class field trips to ride the swan boats (or should I say float since they are in a pond the size of a swimming pool!) and always stopping by these reknown ducks. Well these ducks have become a Boston landmark and since the launch of the famous Duck Tours, there are people quacking all around town. Yeah, so its a little obnoxious but who doesn't love to be a true tourist every once in awhile! So as the Duck Tours launch a new season a Boston favorite creamery, Brigham's, has launched a new flavor in their honor, Quack Tracks. Its their yummy award-winning vanilla ice cream with mini peanut butter cups and streaks of fudge tracks. Wow...does that sound good and it was. Although I have to admit I am not a huge fan of vanilla based 
ice creams (gotta have more flavor!) this was super creamy and had just the right amount of peanut butter cups and fudge. I was very tempted to add the fudge and whipped cream (because it was a birthday treat shared with my coblogger Bethany!) but I didn't want that to take over the flavor. Good decision but that just gives me a reason to go back.

And if you can't find the ice cream but want your Duckling fix you can always find the precious book Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCluskey in a book store near you. Children big and small are sure to cherish it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quack Tracks sounds exactly like Moose Tracks. Mmm I love peanut butter cups in my ice cream.

Anonymous said...

ATIC...I think it is, just Bostonized! I want ice cream right now. And PB cups!

Bethany@scoopalicious

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails