Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Scoopalicious Scopes Out Scooper Bowl 26

The Scoopalicious Team: Tina and Bethany at Scooper Bowl 26
(That's Hochy in the background! Hi Hochy!)


So the Scoopalicious crew and two of our favorite assistants (thanks Al and Steve!) went to the Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl in Government Center, Boston today! This event has been a Boston staple for many years...in fact, the Scooperbowl is in its 26th year and its the nation's largest all-you-can-eat ice cream festival. Temps hit 95°, almost breaking the June 10th record of 96° set in 1959. Record breaker or not, it was a scorcher. (I felt pretty badly for my Haagan Dazs Honey bee friend at left here...)

We spent about an hour at the event, testing at least one flavor from almost each of the stands...

We aren't of the group who thinks we should stack our cups, but there are quite a few people who DO enjoy this...(These are actually mellow to those stacks I have seen in the past...)


We'll go into more detail in a future post, but here is one favorite from each of us...

B: "I loved the cake batter at Edy's. I am a big big fan of cake batter. Started with cake batter and ended with cake batter."

T: My vote goes to Coldstone Creamery's For Coffee Lover's Only... Supersmooth coffee ice cream, roasted almonds, caramel, and Heath Bar BUT there are two more days of this event so this could easily change!

The best information is on the Scooperbowl is on their website.

This event is one not to miss -- and I have to admit, I am surprised Boston is the only one that serves up such an awesome event yearly. It's a great cause and a tasty event. I guess I am going to just thank my lucky sprinkles that I live in Boston.

We'll be back with more flavor reports soon, but for now, we'll leave you with two things.

One, we invite YOU to submit your scoop on the Bowl...favorite flavors? overall experience?

Two: a picture is worth a thousand words. Here are some good ones...(thanks T!)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The poor bee!! I can't even imagine how hot that thing was. And cake batter ice cream?.... Amen sister.

Anonymous said...

I know, the poor bee! My husband did tell me thought that those costumes have fans in them -- I hope so! I mean, if that is the case, the bee may have been cooler than we were -- see the sweat dripping down my face?!

And yes, I HEART cake batter!

B @ Scoopalicious

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails