Tuesday, July 8, 2008

And we have a winner!...



I randomly drew a name from the feedback on the most creative ice cream flavors, and xsquared was the winner of the free pint of Ben and Jerry's! Way to go!

I loved the feedback though and I am going to relist the creative flavors our readers posted:

  • i never seen these crazy flavours you speak of! I am going to have to start looking harder!
    Weirdest Ive had is Green Tea, but thats fairly common really :S -Tanybug

  • I actually tried Red Bean at our local chinese restaurant and it was surprisingly very good. It had more of a spicy flavor like Ginger does rather than sweet. -Our very own Tina

  • I've made 2 slightly odd flavors:

    1. David Lebovitz's Candied Bacon Ice Cream - delicious! But only the first night. After that, the bacon got unpleasantly rubbery in the ice cream. Recipe: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2008/03/candied_bacon_i_1.html

    2. Toasted Sesame Vanilla - the base base delicious but I didn't like the texture of the sesame seeds - next time I would leave them out.
    Recipe: http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/03/in-the-kitchen-with-lara-ferroni.html -xsquared

  • I didn't try this because it really looked disgusting, but we had a friend whose favorite concoction was Mint Chocolate Chip with a dollop of peanut butter mixed in! -Jennifer from Ohio

Thanks all for some good flavor ideas to fill out Ice Cream Month! I am not sure I will try all of them (I don't like sesame seeds or green tea), but they are good to have on the back burner for my ice cream party.

[Scoopalicious is celebrating National Ice Cream month with a Post-A-Day throughout the month of July!]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails