Monday, August 11, 2008

Semi-Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches

What to do with too many cookies to eat oneself?
I know it sounds like a real bad problem right?! But I hate to throw them out so I took my first shot at making some ice cream sandwiches. I also had my favorite Edy's Slow Churned Take the  Cake ice cream in the freezer so with two main ingredients I was on my way to a sandwich to love.

Step 1...take out the handy Pampered Chef sandwich maker that I had yet to use and try to figure out how this simple thing worked. Honestly I am still not sure I used it right but hey, I got some darn looking sandwiches so I must've done something right. (honestly you can do this without a sandwich maker contraption but I have it so I used it)

Step 2...insert inverted chocolate chip cookie and add two scoops (with the awesome Pampered Chef dipper, it really is one of the best I have owned...and no I am not a consultant!) on top, pressing firmly. Top with second cookie.

Step 3...invert the sandwich maker, press the cylinder to squoosh the cookies together and to secure both ends to the ice cream. My cookies were not quite the size of the press so ice cream oozed out the edges but I quickly took a knife and trimmed it down.

Step 4...garnish with something fun..my daughter loves colored 
sprinkles so it was a no brainer knowing who will probably eat these! I put the sprinkles on a plate and rolled through the sandwich to coat the edges

Step 5...wrap in plastic wrap tightly and place in freezer


Results...what's better than a sandwich of chocolate chip cookies and ice cream. It's super easy to make with or without an ice cream sandwich maker gadget and kids of all ages will love helping or just eating. Next time you have extra cookies and have some ice cream on hand, try it out. It's fun to eat, easy to make, and you can freeze and have on hand for a couple months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look so festive! And can I just tell you how much I love cake themed ice creams?

Anonymous said...

Tina, Wow! I may have to fly over to try all your yummy treats! This looks so fun! Hope you are all doing well and will write again soon offline! love from London, SG xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails