Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Perfect Holiday Ice Cream - Whole Food's Peppermint

One thing I love is Peppermint ice cream so I was very excited when we were asked to check out the new Peppermint ice cream by Whole Food's 365 line of products. This actually arrived awhile back when I got the Pumpkin ice cream so its been burning a hole in my freezer anxiously awaiting the holiday season. So finally after an exhausting night of wrapping I sat down to have some me time and excitedly remembered that this was waiting for me to break open. So I did of course. 


Peppermint ice cream is one of those flavors that is not consistent in ingredients. Sometimes its straight up peppermint with no mix-ins, sometimes you get the light pink with the small red candies, sometimes its vanilla with chocolate covered peppermints so I was very curious to see what this one was all about. Interestingly I searched the container and there is no description (other than the list of ingredients) as to what is inside. Could have been an issue was I trying to make a decision to buy but I already had it in my freezer so no biggie but sort of odd not to tell you what you are getting. 


Anyways, as I opened it the ice cream is a gorgeous pink color. Not too light and not too bright and mixed throughout is Peppermint Bark and Peppermint candy. Again I got this from the ingredients soI am not exactly sure but there are lots of chunks of minty chocolate amongst a wonderful peppermint flavored ice cream. One thing I find better about this flavor over the pumpkin is the texture. This one definitely is smoother and creamier. 


Oh and I just want to mention as I did with the Pumpkin flavor that this ice cream 
has no gluten products, is vegetarian and is made from milk from cows not treated with rBGH.


All in all I have to say this would be a great addition to a holiday dessert tray. Pair it with dark chocolate sauce and a dollop of whipped cream and its heavenly.


Again another shout out on the great branding...I absolutely love the graphic patterns and simplicity of the packaging. So unexpected amongst the big brands in a freezer. I think this definitely stands out amongst the crowd as does the flavor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails