Thursday, July 28, 2011

Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream

Husband, if you are reading this, I know you will want to be in charge of the actual "Let's Try It!" post, which means that all of our lucky readers will get to see how liquid nitrogen ice cream turns out for Scoopalicious. Readers, stay tuned for our own experiences sometime in the future.

Someone I know that works in a restaurant -- or is that someone I know that knows someone who works in a restaurant -- told me that they use liquid nitrogen to make their ice cream and the liquid nitrogen makes the ice cream super creamy. I wish I knew who told me this, because I would for sure have them be a guest blogger, but since I don't, we'll have to use this very well done video from Food Science with Dr. Kiki Sanford on 5min.com:


That looks like so much fun! And mixing and churning in under 5 minutes?! Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Dr. Sanford!

So Husband, get your cryogenic transfer container so we can get our liquid nitrogen and get this ice cream churning!

[Scoopalicious is celebrating National Ice Cream month with a Post-A-Day throughout the month of July!]

1 comment:

Lolataylor88 said...

I work in a experimental lab in Detroit. It is so important that you have good liquid nitrogen equipment to ensure that your freezers and storage units are kept correctly. Princeton Cryo Tech has the best equipment. And I would recommend them for you to use.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails