Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!: Oreo Ice Cream Cake

My birthday was two days ago and my dear friend Anisha knows the way to my heart. She surprised me with an ice cream cake...Oreo.

Maybe it's because I never had Oreos as a kid except for when they were swirled into ice cream to make Cookies 'n' Cream, or maybe it's the Cookies 'n' Cream that makes me nostalgic, but Oreo Ice Cream/Cookies 'n' Cream is one of my all time favorite flavors.

This cake was perfect. Cookies 'n' cream ice cream with a giant oreo in the middle. It was edged with vanilla frosting which was then covered with Oreo cookie crumbs. I loved it.

It certainly was a happy birthday to me -- ice cream cake after dinner and Richardson's ice cream for lunch before Harry Potter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails