Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Schwan's delivers something sweet right to your doorstep

I always love to come home to a styrofoam container on my doorstep because that means some great brand wants me to test out their ice cream and let you all know how it is. So really, who turns down ice cream especially when it is delivered to your doorstep. This time around the ice cream was from Schwan's. Honestly I hadn't a clue who or what Schwan's was so quick to my computer I went to and turns out they are an online grocer and food delivery service providing "delicious, easy-to-prepare meals and friendly personalized service". Hmm..let's see a full time job, two kids, and a blog to keep up with…sadly prepared foods are right up my alley. When I said the name most friends said "hey I've seen those trucks" but I can't say I know anyone who has used the service. Unfortunately we didn't get any pizza or crabcakes but we were lucky enough to get a 1/2 gallon of Loaded Waffle Cone with Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream, another of Monkeying Around Banana Ice Cream, and a Rainbow CONFETTI™ Ice Cream Cake


Lord knows I could probably eat all this ice cream we get myself but I really do try to share it with others so they can also give their opinion because one person's opinion might not always be the best review. So lucky enough I had a playdate planned…the perfect occasion to break out the Rainbow CONFETTI™ Ice Cream Cake. I can't even tell you how excited the kids were to have ice cream cake. Why do ice cream cakes only seem appropriate for parties? All it is is ice cream in a cake form. Why not eat it every day? So anyways we broke open the box and saw a sort of sad looking cake but I have to take credit for that as I don't think the 40 minute ride there did it any good. It is not so big either, about 7",  but plenty for the small group we had. So I think I have to let this video speak for itself about how much the girls loved this cake. And there truly was no prompting as they loved it and came back for seconds.



The adults had a different take on this and I am in this pool of thoughts. I was totally expecting the "confetti" to be more like sprinkles but as the kids described they were sort of like Nerd candy. Very sweet and it was throughout the ice cream so there was no avoiding. What I do have to say I loved was the whipped topping. Very similar to the Carvel cake frosting..ooh so good.  In all the cake goes for $12 and serves about 8 people. I think for a small kids party this would be a great dessert but not an ending to an adult dinner party. 

Have you ever used the Schwan's food service? I really am interested to know how it is. Some of the products really look good and I heard the service is supposed to be top notch. Drop us a  note if you have. We'd love to hear more about it.

3 comments:

EB of SpiceDish said...

Ok... now I feel an ice cream cake challenge coming on!

Anonymous said...

I've for Schwans for over 15 years and feel I can be of info. in this area. Their ice cream uses more cream and buttermilk than almost all others and at a price far less than most. You might be surprised if you compare key ingredients of other brands. Case in point... Look at other companies pot pies and look at the main ingredients, notice where chicken falls in their list vs Schwans. Items I believe to worth trying... Lemon Pepper Chicken, Mexican Pizza, All their veggies especially the corn, Queso dip, and if you enjoy a great vanilla ice cream you hve to try the French Vanilla Tin that comes out at Christmas! As with any other products out their watch out salt, sugar etc. if you have any dietary concerns. We all know sometimes great taste comes with a price.

Anonymous said...

curry shoes
kd13
paul george shoes
100% real jordans for cheap
yeezy gap
fear of god hoodie
off white nike
bapesta
jordan travis scott
kd shoes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails