Friday, February 22, 2013

Liz Lemon. I want to go there.

I have a small crush on Tina Fey. I think she is a smart, funny, intelligent woman. She's gorgeous but humble. She's an excellent role model for young women.

I love her on 30 Rock -- so sad it ended. One of my favorite movies is Mean Girls -- it's so defining of girl culture. (And I am totally thrilled that Fey and her husband are working on a musical of Mean Girls). I couldn't stop listening to Bossypants. In fact, it was one of those books that actually made me want to go to the gym so I could listen and once I was there, I'd do a few more minutes on the stair machine just to be able to listen to a little bit more of the book.

Exhibit A
And you know Tina-of-this-blog (as opposed to Tina Fey) and my love affair with Ben & Jerry's (note exhibit A. I even dress my children to play the part of major fan!)...so when Ben & Jerry's announced Liz Lemon...I wasn't surprised, because while driving to downtown Burlington with some other bloggers and some Ben & Jerry's peeps when I was at Ben & Jerry's last year, I suggested Liz Lemon ice cream. My idea got pooh poohed, but I have a feeling they only did that because it was already in the works -- that, or they had already gotten that idea from tons of other fans. I mean, 30 Rock and Ben & Jerry's is a match made in heaven and Liz Lemon lemon flavored anything is a gimme.

I wasn't upset I didn't get credit for my (and undoubtedly thousands of other peoples') idea for Liz Lemon Ben & Jerry's. In fact, I was incredibly bummed neither of us on the Scoopalicious team could go to NYC for the launch of Liz Lemon Greek Frozen Yogurt. This would have been awesome. [Sometimes it's hard to be a blogger from Boston, and not NYC. We couldn't make it down for Jimmy Fallon's flavor launch either, and I Jimmy Fallon as much as Tina Fey (I always kind of thought they should get married...)] But I digress.

So naturally, I had to buy it when I saw it on the shelf. I'm kind of an ice cream girl above all else (frozen yogurt isn't my frozen treat of choice) but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. It's simply lovely. It's not too tart. In fact, it's incredibly refreshing. The blueberry lavender that runs through it is a sweet treat to offset the lemon. It's creamy and it was a nice change of pace to have Ben & Jerry's without the chunky mix-ins.

Added bonus, it the flavor gives a nod to Jumpstart, an awesome program that Fey is involved with. (Ben & Jerry's site officially says: "We dedicate this lemony-blueberry-y flavor to all the good that both Tina and Jumpstart have accomplished!" but I am not sure exactly what this means besides a "shout out" -- which while seemingly not financial in it's "dedication," at least Jumpstart is getting it's name out there to even more people....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails